Saturday, April 4, 2009

Why do they do it??

This week I decided to blog about something that I often have wondered, and I’m sure others have too! Why do people go on reality love shows? Reality television is great, I love it, but lately it seems like the television stations will go to any length to make a new show. I feel that by doing that the status and reputation of these shows are diminishing! So I’ll ask again….why do people go on reality love shows?
Lately I have heard people refer to shows such as Rock of Love, Real Chance of Love, and I Love New York as “D” list reality shows; saying that they are not as respectable as other shows such as Survivor and The Apprentice. These shows referred to as “D” list are being accused of making the people/contestants on the shows look stupid and some say the people participating in these shows are lacking self respect.
What I feel is the best answer to this question is that the people take the risk of being humiliated in front of millions for a chance of fame. I think these girls/guys that participate in these “sleezy” shows are just wanting fame and hoping that somewhere along the process someone notices them and signs them on as an actress/actor/model.
Another idea I had about these individuals wanting to be on these shows is that they are simply narcissistic and want everyone to see them on television!
Basically I feel that everyone on these shows just want their fifteen minutes of time in the limelight. I personally wouldn’t want to go there and exposes myself and my life to the world!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. The people that go on these shows aren't really looking for love. They want to be seen and be known by the masses. Therefore they will do anything crazy to get attention and to stay on the show as long as possible.

    After they leave the show if they made enough carzyness to be remembered they will no longer need to live the hard life. They will be known and spend the rest of their life living on thier little bit of fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. People that go on reality love shows make it hard for me to believe they are actually looking for a true relationship to find the one to live forever with.
    It seems like they will do anything to get onto the shows, and also while on the shows they are willing to do anything.

    ReplyDelete